Information That We Collect About You
We may collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- a. When you wish to participate on the Site, you will need to create an account. When you create an account, we ask you for some basic information, including name, date of birth, city, email address, password. Every account holder has a public profile, which is how the account holder appears to other members of the Site. This public profile consists of your public profile name and an image or avatar you choose (public profile picture), as well as basic information such as your term of membership in the Site community and any personal information you wish to divulge. Your account information is not visible to other the Site members.
- b. When you participate in the Site’s community areas and other public forums, you control the information you wish to display or share with other members of the Site community. Any information you wish to display or share on the Site’s community areas and other public forums is by design open to the public and is not private. What you post can be seen by, disclosed to, or collected by, third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you. As with any public forum or any site, the information you post may also show up in third-party search engines.
- c. When you visit our Site or send us correspondence via e-mail, we automatically collect certain information about you. For example, we collect your Internet protocol (IP) address and information regarding your use of our Site. We also store information about you on our computers through the use of “cookies” and other technology.
- d. During your account setup and at various times as you use the Site, you will be given the option of providing us with certain personal information in order to receive recurring information/promotional newsletters or e-mails by the Company and/or directly from third parties, including any of our sponsors or advertising partners. You can choose to opt out of receiving such information or unsubscribe from a newsletter by following the directions at the bottom of the newsletter or by e-mailing us at [email protected].
- e. Users or Visitors who make a purchase through the Site will be asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process transactions. In each case, the Site collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to complete the transaction. In connection with a proposed transaction, we may also obtain information about Users or Visitors from credit card companies or other third party sources.
- f. From time to time, we may conduct online research surveys through e-mail invitations or pop-up surveys. When you participate in a survey, we may ask you to enter certain personal information.
- g. On the Site, we may also use web beacons or pixel tags and also collect traffic data. These items help us to analyze Users’ online behavior and collect other data, such as page views or advertising responses. Pixel tags also allow us to send you e-mail in a format that you can read and let us know when you have opened an e-mail message from us. Pixel tags may also be used to deliver cookies. We may also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use non-personally-identifying information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Persons Under Thirteen Years of Age
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13, and this Site is not designed to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received information from an individual under the age of 13, we will use that information only to respond to that individual that he or she cannot use our Site and we will delete that information from our servers.
Uses of the Information We Collect
We use certain information that you provide to us to enable your use of the Site, provide User support, verify your identity, administer your account, respond to your inquiries, send you administrative communications about the Site, obtain your feedback about the Site, statistically analyze user behavior and activity, including how frequently areas of the Site are visited, request feedback or participation in online surveys, organize and carry out the Site’s marketing or promotional operations/offers, sweepstakes and similar events, provide you with more relevant content or advertising on the Site, detect and investigate activities that may violate our policies or be illegal, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
If a User or a Visitor makes a purchase through the Site, we will use the personal information provided by the purchaser to process the transaction. To process the order, complete credit card numbers must be transmitted to the applicable credit card company, but we work to protect the security of your information by using which encrypts your information.< We will also reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.>
We can use and disclose personal information (including to third parties) in the event that we have a legal dispute with you, including, without limitation, enforcing our Terms and Conditions.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties. For example, we may be asked to provide personal information in response to a search warrant, court order or judicial proceeding.
If we sell our business, we may provide personal information to the purchaser.
Updating/Removing Your Information
You can choose to opt out of receiving recurring information/promotional newsletters by the Company and/or directly from third parties, including any of the Company’s sponsors or advertising partners, by following the directions at the bottom of any such communication or by e-mailing us at [email protected].
While we endeavor to protect the information you provide in accordance with industry standards and technology, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or any other information you provide and shall not be responsible for breaches of security.
How to Contact Us